Cool Mama – Pregnant in the hot months?
Check out our beat-the-heat beauty and health tips.
Protect Your Skin: Caveats from dermatologist Dr. Lisa Kellett
- Wear sun block with SPF 30 and a hat, even if it looks cloudy. Due to an increase in estrogen in pregnant women, there is a risk of hyperpigmentation (melasma), which is worsened by sun exposure.
- Keep your skin routine simple and avoid trying new products during pregnancy because your skin may have increased sensitivity.
- Drink lots of water and eat well
- Try to maintain a consistent weight gain throughout- a quick gain over a short time may increase stretch-mark risk.
- Many women experience increased dryness during pregnancy. Apply moisturizer to damp skin to increase its absorption