The Toronto International Film Festival is ramping up for its 35th excellent year, with more than 300 movies showing between September 9 and 19. Follow this space in the days leading up to TIFF 2010 for features on much-anticipated premieres, the Bell Lightbox —the festival’s exciting new headquarters — and scads of sites at which to spot visiting celebrities. During the festival itself, we’ll bring you details on each day’s film offerings plus what to do before or after your screening.
Get ready for your close-up with treatments from these spas and wellness centres.
1. Bring your eleventh-hour flare-ups, botox woes and all that ails your skin to highly rated clinic DLK on Avenue, where Dr. Lisa Kellett has treated top talents including basketball star Chris Bosh.
2. Nicole Kidman, Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman have stopped in at chi-chi Jeanet Spa & Salon for its full range of red carpet-worthy beauty services.
3. Confidentiality is paramount at serene Satori Urban Wellness. For that reason it attracts locals and celebrities seeking discretion with their spa services, which include massage therapy, reflexology, homeopathy and more.
4. Shooting stars like Naomi Watts, Lady Gaga and Toronto-born rapper Drake have been spotted at the Spa at the Hazelton (118 Yorkville Ave., 416-963-6300). This hotel haven offers every luxe treatment under the sun.
5. The 24-karat-gold facial at Vikaspa draws Hollywood elites like Natalie Portman, Robert Downey Jr.and Kate Hudson.